New Year's Eve for Introverts, Solitary Beings, and Parties of One
* Bathwater of your favorite scents. Candles. Music. Or no music. Takeout while in the tub. Taking your time. Pruned fingers and toes. Freshly washed sheets. Cake. Or pomegranates. Early to bed.
* Finish that book. Finish that project. Finish the leftovers. Finish the laundry. Finish a bottle of rose.
* Make 10 lists. Call them Gratitude, Wishes, I love..., To-do, I learned..., I let go of..., Covet, Successes, Failures, Goodbye
* Build a fire. Burn all the things that no longer serve you.
* Make a pie. Erotica. Twinkle lights. Lace.
* Smudge with sage. Bless with palo santo. Draw 12 tarot cards, one for each month of the next year. Set out a bowl of water to catch the full moon on January 1st.
* Pile your bed with pillows. Watch Netflix. Eat fried chicken. Drink champagne.
* Fill a thermos with bourbon. Wrap up in soft layers. Walk through the woods by the light of the almost full moon. Howl.
* Rent a cabin. Write a love letter.
* Prepare a feast of homemade gnocchi, pomodoro sauce, and braised pork. The good plates. Poetry read out loud.
* Get a tattoo. Donate the things you haven't used in the last year.
Celebrate. In whatever way lights your soul. In whatever way you want. But celebrate.